AREAS OF PRACTICE
WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE IN AN AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT
1. Keep the accident from getting worse. Stay calm. Turn on four way flashers. Do not leave the scene of the accident.
2. Call an ambulance if needed.
3. Call the police. Always call the police so there is an accident report on file. Unfortunately, memories can change if they are not documented by the police.
4. Exchange information with the other driver including name, address, license number, telephone number, registration and insurance information.
5. Identify the witnesses and get their names, addresses and phone numbers if possible.
6. See your doctor if you are injured. Serious injuries do not always result in immediate pain and can develop over time. Do not wait if you have symptoms.
7. Notify your own insurance company, and open a medical claim if you are injured.
8. Protect your rights, contact an attorney. Call Nikolaus & Hohenadel, LLP, attorneys at law, if you are injured in the accident due to someone else's negligence.
9. Do not give a recorded or written statement to a representative of the other party's insurance company without first consulting with an attorney.
10. Do not accept a settlement or sign anything from the other party's insurance company without first consulting with an attorney.
If you have been injured in an accident as the result of someone else's negligence, please call Jack Hohenadel or John C. Hohenadel at (717) 299-3726 or contact us through this site for a free consultation. Since we work on a contingent fee basis, we only get paid when you do.